Wednesday 6 March 2013

X-Wing

Last Saturday I met up with my mates Tim and Roger for a few games of X-Wing. We got into this after playing Wings of Glory and found that the gameplay is very similar although instead of movement cards the players select their movements on little dials and then execute them using the templates in the starter box. Getting to know where you'll end up after moving is something that we're still learning as we haven't quite got used to the turns yet (as one of us found out after a few encounters with various asteroids). The game flows really nicely though and I personally find moving using templates instead of cards to be less fiddly.

The miniatures themselves are really nicely painted and I am really impressed with the new Millenium Falcon that they've produced, I think an order to Wayland Games is definately in order along with the new TIE Interceptor, A-Wing and Slave 1.

I suspect that after they've released everything for the original saga they will expand into producing ships from episodes 1-3, hopefully snowspeeders and walkers are in the pipeline as I think this would prove very popular.

Thanks to Tim and Roger for a good afternoon and I look forward to future games of this. Here are a few pictures I took at the weekend from the games



















No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Hit CountersRank Noodle